Tamarack places a high priority on supporting the communities in which we operate, work and live. Our employees and management team ‘walk the talk’ by making contributions of both time and resources to support initiatives that reflect our Western Canadian roots and our core values. We are proud to give back, be actively engaged and responsible members of the community.
As strong believers in the responsible stewardship of the land and resources within our portfolio, Tamarack seeks to support organizations and groups that are committed to long-term sustainability, such as First Nations; youth sports; and drug and alcohol awareness initiatives.
Partnerships with First Nations
Tamarack has a long history of working alongside First Nations’ communities with a focus on education and entrepreneurship
- Tamarack’s CEO, Brian Schmidt, is an Honorary Blood Tribe member and serves as an advisor to Indian Oil and Gas. Brian is a volunteer teacher of oil and gas courses aimed at helping First Nations realize optimal value from the resources on their lands.
- In partnership with CIBC, Dundee Capital, Macquarie Capital, National Bank Financial and Peters and Co, Tamarack sponsored the production of two docudramas:
- Link Iitaapiskoo. “Iitaapiskoo” is a gift to the Blood Tribe. The purpose of the film was to record and preserve the group’s historical sacred sites as a mechanism to help young people recognize and take pride in their spiritual ways. The film premiered on June 2, 2017 in Standoff, AB and was entered in the imagineNATIVE Film Festival in 2017.
- Link Itsiiyisi- The Vision Quest. The second film “The Vision Quest” has the goal of instilling pride and recognizing the benefits of cultural preservation. Vision Quest seeks to provide solutions for youth with local students and elders as the cast and crew.
- Tamarack donated To Mikai’sto Foundation in 2011 for a New Learner’s Resource Centre
- 2018 Bullbustin’ Gold Sponsor in support of the Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre
- On-going sponsorship of the Kids Safe Program’s Drug & Addiction Magazine
- Sponsorship of a ‘Truth About Drugs’ speaker for the Buck Mountain Central School graduates
- Sponsorship of various minor hockey and stampede events in rural Alberta
- Annual donations to Ronald McDonald House
- 2017 Sponsorship and fundraising campaign for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund through Macquarie Capital’s 3rd Annual Charity Shuck Off
- Annual Christmas support with donations from Tamarack’s Calgary staff funding gift cards and gifts for four families in need. Tamarack matched employees raised donations and made further contributions to Made by Momma, The Salvation Army, and the Calgary Food Bank
- Various clothing drives for the Drop In Centre
- Sponsorship for the Will for Riding Foundation’s Therapeutic Riding Program for Disabled Children
Tamarack Awarded 2018 Global Petroleum Show Awards in Corporate Social Responsibility for Contributing to the Betterment of the Community.
- The Corporate Social Responsibility category serves to recognize the industry’s efforts in contributing to the betterment of the wider community which is directly linked to the oil & gas industry, and in which the organization operates.