Tamarack places a high priority on supporting the communities in which we operate, work and live. Our employees and management team ‘walk the talk’ by making contributions of both time and resources to support initiatives that reflect our Western Canadian roots and our core values. We are proud to give back, be actively engaged and responsible members of the community.
As strong believers in the responsible stewardship of the land and resources within our portfolio, Tamarack seeks to support organizations and groups that are committed to long-term sustainability, such as First Nations; youth sports; and drug and alcohol awareness initiatives.
Partnerships with First Nations
Tamarack has a long history of working alongside First Nations’ communities with a focus on education and entrepreneurship
- Tamarack’s CEO, Brian Schmidt, is an Honorary Blood Tribe member and serves as an advisor to Indian Oil and Gas. He is also a volunteer teacher of oil and gas courses aimed at helping First Nations realize optimal value from the resources on their lands.
- In partnership with VIII Capital and National Bank Financial, Tamarack helped produce the docudrama, “Iitaapiskoo” as a gift to the Blood Tribe. The purpose of the film was to record and preserve the group’s historical sacred sites as a mechanism to help young people recognize and take pride in their spiritual ways. The film premiered on June 2, 2017 in Standoff, AB and has been entered in the imagineNATIVE Film Festival in 2017.
- Tamarack has partnered with Peters and Co, CIBC, and Macquarie Capital this year to make another film with the goal of instilling pride and the benefits of cultural preservation when dealing with native youth problems. The film is a drama and local students and elders have been hired to be the cast and crew.
- On-going sponsorship of the Kids Safe Program’s Drug & Addiction Magazine
- Sponsorship of a ‘Truth About Drugs’ speaker for the Buck Mountain Central School graduates
- Sponsorship of various minor hockey and stampede events in rural Alberta
- Annual donations to Ronald McDonald House
- 2017 Sponsorship and fundraising campaign for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund through Macquarie capital’s 3rd Annual Charity Shuck Off
- Annual Christmas support with donations from Tamarack’s Calgary staff funding gift cards and gifts for four families in need. Tamarack matched employees raised donations and made further contributions to Made by Momma, The Salvation Army, and the Calgary Food Bank
- Various clothing drives for the Drop In Centre