Tamarack Valley Energy Ltd. has an opportunity for a contract Production Operator based in the Consort/Veteran area of eastern Alberta. This position will report to the area Production Foreman. Truck and tools to be supplied by the contractor. Work shift is 8 days on and 6 days off.
• Operate and monitor oil and gas facilities, associated wells and equipment
• Optimizing and troubleshooting of daily well production
• Routine maintenance on wells and facilities
• Testing of wells for measurement and allocation of gas, oil and water volumes
• Ensure compliance with safety, environmental and regulatory requirements. Take corrective action as required.
• Hazard identification and reporting
• Complete daily production records in field data capture system
• Participate in the operator training competency system (CMDS)
• Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, regulatory agencies and Tamarack business associates
• Team player communicating with operations, maintenance, engineering and management staff
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Valid class 5 driver’s license
• 3+ years of operating experience with preference given to experience in oilfield operations, specifically pumping oil wells, compressors and batteries
• Safety Training which includes: First Aid, H2S, WHMIS and TDG